What is the Columbia Summer Immersion Program?
The Columbia Summer Immersion Program is a chance for high school students to get a college experience while studying their interest in an elite Ivy League University. This three-week program provided by Columbia University allows students to work alongside Columbia Scholars, attend extracurricular activities while creating memories during an unforgettable summer. With over 70 courses to choose from, applicants will have a chance to explore their interests and discover their future career choices through this program. The accepted applicants will earn a Columbia University Certification of Participation upon completing the program.
Applicants will apply to one of two 3-week sessions. The first session begins on June 28th and ends on June 16th. The second session starts on July 20th and ends on August 6th. It also contains a one-week program from August 9th to August 13th. Accepted Applicants must attend classes online twice every day for two hours each.
Who is the Columbia Summer Immersion Program looking for?
Current 8th-12th grade students are allowed to apply for this program. This program has no specific GPA requirements to use; however, this program would like proof of completion of past programs. They want to accept the students that show the most motivation and hardworking qualities. Make sure to show that you can finish what you started.
- $4,400 per session
- $65 per term for Activities Fees
- $35 per term for Technology Fee
- $50 for books
- $80 application fee (will be waived if submitted before March 4th)
The applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, which means the more seats there will be available to you, the earlier you apply. The Early Registration Deadline is on February 11th. The Regular Application Deadline is April 1st.
Your application will not be reviewed until all of the following is submitted:
- Completed Columbia Summer Immersion Program Online Application Form, including necessary information (name, email, address, etc.)
- A transcript and your most recent report card (8th and 9th graders only have to submit their most recent report card)
- Curricular/Courses Interests that you plan to take if accepted into the program
- Statement of Academic Purpose (Personal Essay)
- Prompt: In 600 words or less, please discuss how changes to your current reality have made you more aware of an arising global consciousness and prepared you to become a more informed global citizen.
- Recommendation Letter from a teacher that teaches your interested curricular.
- Completed Community Standards Consent Form
Applicants have three options when submitting the application:
- The first option is the online application, which is the quickest way to submit your application. Your recommender should also upload the recommendation letter to your online application.
- The second option is to email all the material to email@example.com.
- The third option is to mail all the material to Columbia University and include the program name, applicant’s name, and date of birth. It is recommended to use the other two options to get a quicker response.
After your application is submitted, the Admissions Committee will review your application and decide if you will be accepted into the program. After 1-2 weeks, the decision will be uploaded in the application system. If you are accepted into the program you must pay a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 and submit an enrollment form to secure your spot. Register for your classes and attend scheduled webinars during the Session that you applied for throughout the program.