What is The Anson L. Clark Scholars Program?
The Anson L. Clark Scholars Program is a prestigious program held at Texas Tech University to give students the ability to participate in hands-on practical research experience. Students will participate in this 7-week program working with faculty researching various subjects. Other than research, students will be able to participate in fun activities, weekly seminars, and even field trips. Scholars accepted into the program will receive a $750 tax-free stipend with room and board.
Research Areas Available:
Accounting, Advertising, Agriculture Sciences, Animal & Food Sciences, Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Autism, Bilingual Education, Biological Sciences, Business, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Classical and Modern Languages, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Dance, Design, Economics, Education, Electronic Media, Energy, Engineering, Finance, Journalism, Nutritional Sciences, Geosciences, Health/Exercise/Sports Sciences, History, Horticulture, Human Development & Family Studies, Law, Management, Marketing, Mathematics and Statistics, Medicine, Music, Natural Resources Management, Philosophy, Physics and Biophysics, Plant & Soil Sciences, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Sociology, Theatre Arts.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for The Anson L. Clark Scholars Program, students must fulfill a set of requirements.
- Must be 17 years of age by the start of the program
- International students can apply
How to Apply?
The Anson L. Clark Scholars Program is extremely selective and thus has a very intense application. To apply, you must begin an application on their site. Their application will require you to submit all test scores before submission, and they will not accept any after the application deadline. You are also required to get three recommenders that will submit recommendation letters on your behalf. Two of the three recommenders must be from current or previous teachers, while the third may be from an additional teacher or any other individual. After completing their applications, students should wait until the beginning of May to hear back from the program.
Application Essay Prompts:
As a result of The Anson L. Clark Scholars Program being extremely competitive, students must complete and submit three essays, with an additional essay being optional. The essay prompts are here as followed, and students are advised to start them before the application even opens:
Research Internet Essays:
- Describe your primary research interest, being very specific. This will help with matching you to a research professor. (2,000 characters including spaces)
- Optional – Describe your secondary research interest, being very specific. (2,000 characters including spaces)
- Tell the Selection Committee about yourself and your reasons for applying to the Clark Scholarship Program. Please include your future goals and how becoming a Clark Scholar would contribute to achieving those goals. (2,000 characters including spaces)
- Tell us about your most fulfilling service experience. (1,500 characters including spaces)
I just added this site to my feed reader, great stuff. Cannot get enough!